Friday, January 28, 2011

2011, Week 4

Having a January birthday means that week 4 was all about celebrating me! Well, as much celebrating as I would allow, which really wasn't much. Honestly, I wasn't in the mood to be the center of attention. My friends wouldn't let me ignore my birthday, though, much as I tried. Saturday night I went to dinner with Rachel and Bethany (Red Lobster cheddar biscuits, yum!); Sunday (my actual birthday) was spent hanging out with my friends at church and piling three girls (me, Amy, and Amanda) and three dogs (Zack, Ranger, and Brodie) on the sofa bed to watch a movie (ha!); and on Monday I played hooky from work (it was planned ahead of time) and ran all over Fort Worth with Amy. A package from my family on Tuesday rounded out the birthday celebrations. Even though I wasn't inclined to acknowledge my birthday, I was really thankful for friends who want to celebrate my birth. It really was a good birthday weekend.

1 comment:

Amie V said...

whether you want to be celebrated, your friends want to celebrate you. birthdays are just a good excuse, so i'm glad it was a good one. =)