Friday, January 28, 2011

2011, Week 3

The biggest blessing of Week 3 was having a day off school for Martin Luther King day. That day always comes at the best time - we've been back at school for two weeks after the holidays and are just desperately in need of a break. I spent the weekend giving my apartment and Brodie both a good cleaning, watching a couple of movies (I know, I'm a slacker), and visiting another church. Then, on MLK Day, Rachel and I took off to downtown Dallas to play tourist. Turns out, there wasn't a whole lot to "tour." We visited Thanksgiving Square, drove around looking for a Starbucks, walked around the Galleria Mall for a while (Amanda drove over and joined us there), and ended the day with pizza at Boston's (yum!). It was a nice time to hang out together without much stress, and to celebrate both of our birthdays (hers was the week before, mine the week later). I am truly blessed to have Rachel as my friend.

2 comments:

Amie V said...

yay for good friends, and for days off! and for starbucks and pizza, as well. =D

Amy Welker said...

Oh I miss you girls