Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011, Week 51

This week started with the LONG drive to Atlanta for Christmas. I had not had a really solid, sleeping-in night's sleep since Thanksgiving, so I was rather tired on the drive and quickly made the decision to stop overnight in Tuscaloosa. Only, when I posted that on facebook, my college roommate Dana invited me to stay with her instead. It was so night to get to see Dana and her husband Chris and to meet her new baby, Emily. The next morning I finished the drive, made it home around 1:00, and mom and I quickly started to work baking sugar cookies for the week ahead. The rest of the week was spent shopping, getting a Christmas pedicure, wrapping presents, playing marbles, cleaning, and cooking to prepare for the influx of extended family heading our way that weekend. It was really nice to spend time with my family in a relatively relaxed environment and enjoy the last few days of the holiday season. 

No comments: