Week one of my vacation - I headed down to Orlando, FL to meet up with my good friend, Amie, who I hadn't seen since I left Scotland 4 years ago. She was temporarily living in FL, so it was a perfect opportunity to see Amie and get to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, something we were both anxious to do. I arrive in FL on Monday afternoon and we quickly went to see the final HP movie - I really enjoyed it, Amie wasn't too pleased but she's never been a fan of the movies. On Tuesday morning we headed out to DeLand, FL to have brunch with my seminary friend Nicki and her two boys, 8-month-old Micah and nearly-5-year-old Jonah. I've been following Nicki's blog about Jonah since I was in Scotland (she jokes that I'm a stalker). After brunch, Nicki and Jonah joined Amie and me at New Smyrna Beach, where we played in the waves, walked on the beach, caught up with one another, and refreshed in the pool. It was an amazing day with two good friends and one adorable little boy. The next day was our WWoHP experience at Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure. Let me tell you, it was HOT! and crowded! To be completely honest, at some points it was rather miserable. But the Harry Potter part of the park was so cool, and I thoroughly enjoyed that aspect. Overall, my vacation in FL was a brilliant success - I got to visit an amazing theme park, meet two precious boys, and catch up with two amazing women who I am blessed to have as friends. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment