Sunday, July 31, 2011

2011, Week 27

It was a week of preparation and anticipation. I knew that on Friday I was finally leaving on my summer vacation, and I couldn't wait! I worked hard at school Monday thru Thursday, finishing as many major projects as I could, trying to make things as easy as possible for my time away. But the whole time I was just biding my time til I could drive out of town. The first stop on my vacation was going to be my grandparents' house in Alabama, which meant that I would be taking a completely new 11-hour route for me, through Memphis. Brodie and I headed out about 7:00 Friday morning and made really good time, making it to Mamaw's around 6:00 that evening. Brodie was a great travel buddy, chewing on his toys and sticking his head out the window when I would roll it down in the small towns. We had lots of sunshine, some heavy downpours, and even a rainbow on the drive, and arrived in Madison to a steady rain and mid 70s - downright cool compared to the 100+ Texas days. Mamaw was thrilled to meet Brodie, and he quickly fell in love with her too. I love this pic of them (of course he had to wear his Bama bandana to meet his Bama-loving great-grandmother).

No comments: