Oooh, what a busy week! It started out celebrating Independence Day down in Ft. Worth with my friends and church family. We spent all Sunday afternoon having a blast at Hawaiian Falls waterpark - my church rents it out for the Sunday closest to the 4th of July and it's so much fun hanging out with church members young and old, riding the waterslides, and fellowshipping in such a casual environment (even if it is awkward to be around my pastor in a bathing suit!). On Monday I was supposed to spend the 4th with the Holmes family, but Genny was sick, so instead a group of us hung out for a long time at Rachel's pool then had a spontaneous cookout at Amy and Amanda's. Burgers and hotdogs on the grill, flag cake, and watermelon were on the menu - and the result was a watermelon seed spitting contest in the backyard. Hilarious! The rest of the week was insanely busy at work. Since our registrar resigned, I've had to pick up a lot of her work until Dr. Wolfe hires somebody else. I didn't do anything this week that was my own job, and I was constantly busy, even bringing work home two nights. I am so looking forward to my vacation at the end of next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment