The big event this week, other than the start of school, was Brodie's birthday (which is really the anniversary of the day I adopted him). Happily, his birthday was on Saturday so I could spend the day with him. What was amazing is that I woke up about 5:00 am to the sound of RAIN! It had been almost 2 months since we'd seen rain, so it was so great to hear! It was still relatively cool when we got up, so I took Brodie on a long walk along the canals - he loved it! I know he's ready for fall so we can resume our walk schedule. That afternoon I took him to PetSmart to pick out a toy (I replaced his favorite froggie) and to Sonic where I treated him to some vanilla ice cream. I know, I spoil him! But hey, the vet said he could stand to gain a couple of pounds, so it didn't hurt. The rest of the weekend was spent writing, and then the week was full of two long days of faculty inservice, New Family Orientation, a LONG day of work on Saturday, the first two days of school, and Convocation. I was SOOOOO ready for the coming weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment