Friday, April 15, 2011

2011, Week 15

I don't know that I've ever had a week that felt this long. And there's not really any good reason. Work wasn't any busier than normal, though we did have 8 faculty members out on Thursday and Friday so I had to find subs for all of their classes - whew! But for some reason, all day Tuesday I kept thinking it was Thursday, which means it took FOREVER for Friday to actually get here. I did accomplish quite a bit at work, I spent all weekend reading for the dissertation (I may actually be ready to start writing chapter 2 now), and Brodie and I took several long walks on the canals since the weather wasn't too hot. I'm afraid our canal walks are going to be shortened quite a bit with the coming summer heat - neither one of us can handle it. Anyway, perhaps the highlight of my week was finding these two beauties on my ever-blossoming tomato plant. I ate them for dinner Thursday night, and they were DELISH! I look forward to many more bright red homegrown maters this summer.

No comments: