The only event in North Texas these last couple of weeks bigger than the weather was the Super Bowl, held at Cowboys Stadium for the first time ever. The Packers were hosted in Dallas, but the Steelers stayed in Fort Worth. So did ESPN - they set up a broadcast booth in the middle of Sundance Square. I've never lived in a Super Bowl city before, so all during the snow week last week, I wanted to drive by Cowboy Stadium or go to downtown Fort Worth and see all the Super Bowl fun. But of course with the ice and snow that wasn't an option. When the snow finally melted off of the roads on Friday afternoon I quickly drove down to Fort Worth to spend the weekend with friends. On Saturday, Amy, Amanda and I ventured into downtown along with what seemed to be the entire population of Fort Worth PLUS all the Steelers fans in town for the big game. It was CRAZY!!!! It was the first sunny day that was above freezing, and everyone was ready to be out and about. Then, of course, the game was on Sunday, and Genny, Melissa and I spent the day enjoying our 7th annual Scrap the Super Bowl party. We started scrapping on Saturday night and didn't stop until the 4th quarter of the game on Sunday (with breaks for church, sleep, and food, of course). It was a great weekend, and definitely the highlight of the week.


1 comment:
very cool. literally, as well.
Post a Comment