Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 28

My new toy (and professional development tool) - a Kindle!

6 comments:

Amie V said...

hm. i would never, ever read a book on one of those things. what else is it good for?

Barb said...

It's pretty much good for reading books. I didn't think I would like them either, but it's different than I expected. And I can take along enough reading material for two weeks in Germany without weighing down my suitcase with books. That's what it's good for! :)

Amie V said...

blech. i'd still rather take the heavy books. i'm just not sold. but i'm glad it's useful for you, and that you like it. =)

Barb said...

Just to be clear, it will NEVER replace books for me. But it has its moments where it's useful, and for that I'm thankful. And the fact that I didn't have to pay for it makes it all the better. :)

Amie V said...

good point. 'free' always makes things better. i guess if i used one i might think better of them, but i hate reading off a screen... at least, every screen i've had to read off so far. and i might not mind using one, but not buying one. so you have the best situation around for that. ;)

Barb said...

This screen really is different - it really does look like ink on a page. Nothing like a computer screen. It doesn't have glare, doesn't hurt the eyes. I haven't really used it to do any major reading yet, though, so I'll let you know what I think after I use it more.